Formating HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

josuem

Baseband Member
Hey all. I'm gonna be formatting my HD soon and I haven't done it on XP but once or twice, so I thought ya'll might have some tips or tricks on the easiest and/or best ways to do it, and if ya'll found dificulties in certain places. Thanks

Use the "save your settings/files wizard." It works really well if you want to keep the same config of XP. Make sure you do a clean install, boot up the pc with the cd in it and do a full ntfs format. Just make sure you save your files :p

Formatting Hard Drive + Installing XP

I've had my dell for about a year and a half now and i want to format the hard drive because it's getting slow. If been looking at the help and it seems complicated but that's prolly cuz' i don't no what i'm doing! lol. Does anybody know the routine and what i got to do. I can reinstall games and stuff but i want to keep some downloaded stuff. How do i keep it? SOmeone said somthing about a saving settings/files wizard? does anyone know where it is? (i'll look again, prolly in Ctrl. Panel) Generally i just want to get rid of everything that isn't nessesary to run the comp or the OS so if anyone has any input it will be greatly appreachiated.
............. ^^^(i think i spelled this wrong, oh well)
Thanks in advance, Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom