format with a cd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnp1978

Solid State Member
i have a laptop with xp installed in it. it has a celeron 800+ and 512mb ram. can u suggest me whether xp will be better or win2000 will be better for my system ?

also i dont have a floppy drive for the laptop. all it has is a cd drive.is there anyway i can boot using a cd drive which has format.com in it and remove the xp and install 2000 in it.i have a bootable 2000 cd.

If you make a copy of your " licensed" software , for backup purposes only,, prior to burning the backup,, which will be in ISO format,,

get program called ISOBUSTER,, this will allow you to edit , add, remove files from an ISO image,,

you can move the fdisk, and format into the ISO,, THEN burn it,, that way you have a bootable CD, with the utility(ies) on it that you wish,,

Once done,, you always got it if you need it,,

cheers,,

Yes you can boot from the cd as long as it is bootable...in my opinion both the OSes are quite good ..you can go for anyone of them one being plain vanilla and the other just a bit of eye candy ...thats all..you can chhose to remove the OS if you want to install the other one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom