Forgotten XP password

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbrze

In Runtime
We have an older Dell PC w/ Windows XP sitting in our basement for a few years & wanted to fire it up but my son forgot the password. How do I reset the password or do I have to reformat the PC?

I burned Austrumi v0 9.2 onto a CD and tried but when I press F12 for the setup menu, it doesn't read the CD & give me a command prompt. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you burn it as a data CD, or did you burn the ISO to the disc so that the contents of the ISO are actually there?

Did you burn it as a data CD, or did you burn the ISO to the disc so that the contents of the ISO are actually there?

UH oh, prob. just a data CD. How do I burn the ISO (what's this anway?), I'm not a computer guru? Thanks!

+1 to ImgBurn.

If Austrumi doesn't work for you, try Ophcrack, I've had good luck with it.

I looked at the Austrumi v0 9.2 file and it was burned as an ISO. I reburned w/ another software and I still can't get it to load. When I boot up the PC w/ the CD already in it, do I need to press F12 or let it load automatically? I've tried both ways and nothing's happening, other than getting the setup menu (F12) or logon screen (boot regularly).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom