Forgot password to access wellcome screen in windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

Thank you very much for the discussion, it has been very helpful.
In the A+ course, we did see how to change the password of a user providing we had not given/forgotten the password for admin, as Axehack explained.
I remembered it was in Bios, but I could not remember exactly how it was done.
With regards to the security matters... sorry, to advance for me, cannot comment at the moment.

Thanks again.

uh.. back to topic... if you forgot the password... when it says welcome hit ctrl + alt + del OR ctrl + shift + escp and pray it pops open the take manager.. IF SO.. you can click at the top find login and type Administrator with no password.

My appologies... Never thought it'd be a problem. I work in AD domains and all computers have a local administrator password... so i just figured it was commonplace.

My appologies... Never thought it'd be a problem. I work in AD domains and all computers have a local administrator password... so i just figured it was commonplace.

It should be commonplace, for a business. But for a home user with only 1 user on that PC, why would you need to password protect not only your account but the Admin account as well? There is no reason for a home user to do this. They just create their account during the setup while the Admin accounts stay password free. This is for such situations like this that would require them to get access when they forget their password.

Very true... I do see how this could be used illegally, within a work or home environment. Feel free to remove my post if need be. I was going to say: "If anybody has any kind of sensitive data on a PC they dont want anybody to have access to, they should be clever enough to propperly secure their PC" But on second thought... from my experience working with end users.... "End-users are dumb *****!" Generally speaking of course :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom