Forcing Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abstract Hero

Hyper Techie
I just downloaded SysTool to give it a test drive and see what it's all about and I'm having issues with drivers. I get this....

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

I need to know how to get passed this.

Thanks for looking.

If your running Windows Vista or Windows 7 64 Bit all drivers must be Digitally Signed. If they are not you are forced to startup using F8 every time and using hte option to bypass the Digital Signatures. There is no option other than that.

That's extremely inconvenient and I wish Windows would remove the training wheels for experienced users. :(

Well, thank you Mak for the fast response.

I am too but unless I can figure out exactly what I did it doesn't help me. I've seen software but it involves doing the F8 trick which defeats the purpose.

Honestly it's my biggest complaint about W7 (especially x64) that it still holds your hand and guides you everywhere.

EDIT: I also found that the program I wanted to use in the first place isn't ready for Vista or 7 x64 anyway so I guess it doesn't matter but still it'd be useful if it had an override.

I think I have installed drivers that aren't digitally signed just fine on 7 x64 in the past, only have one blocked driver and it's due to a compatibility issue.

It is possible to install drivers that are not Digitally Signed. But if the OS screams at you about them not being Digitally Signed then there is nothing you can do. If the OS just installs the drivers without saying a word then you are good to go. My statement is quite simply what is "supposed" to be done. Since the OS is screaming for the Digital Signature, there is nothing he can do. He cant force them to install and he cant fake the signature.

The "other" drivers could very well be signed, you just not know it.

@carnageX,

I have confirmation from several people, 1 being the creator of EasyBCD the dual booting app, that those methods dont work. That is why i didnt suggest them. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom