Forcing an 800x600 res program to run on a 640x480 res

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggysmile

In Runtime
Can i force a program that requires 800x600 screen resolution to run on a 640x480 screen res?

Do i have to tweak the registry for this?

it actually applies to all Windowed programs like Photo editing tools except games.

just wondering if registry tweaking can solve this.

If ur using Xp ..then u can make use of the compatibility tab to do this

compatibilty.jpg

The Matrix: "RESOLUTIONS"

Obviosley Your limited by your Computer's resolution capabilitys. Registry tweaking (If thats what you want to call it) is only going to make the problem worse than it allready is.

What you need to do is to get a video upgrade. (A graphics card if you will.) Not too new, just enugh to tide you over for the next 10 or 12 years

www.shopping.com/xPP-Graphics_Cards--ati_rage_pro_turbo - 31k -

If you're not one to buy anything, consider the fact that there are many programs that require an 800 by 600 resolution. and pretty soon, they ALL will. And before you know it, you'll be left in the dust.

think about it....:cool:

thanks. Preferably, I will just buy a new PC. Anyway, I already switched to Linux to get more headaches.

"Enter The MACINTOSH!!!"

thanks. Preferably, I will just buy a new PC. Anyway, I already switched to Linux to get more headaches.

OK.... I guess? I mean, that's not what i ment, but if you want to, COOL!
I want a G5!!!
apparently the single 1.6GHZ G5 outperformed a 3.2GHZ P4! (Pentium 4)
I whole hearteadly agree. Once I've "Entered The Macintosh" Platform, I've never since looked back. And neither will you....:cool:

www.apple.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom