Force start a service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

808Alaska

In Runtime
Does anyone know how to force start a service. the DHCP service to be exact. for some reason i always get an error message when trying to start it and i know that that's the reason i can only connect locally and and to the internet. For some odd reason i can connect to the internet in safe-mode with networking but not in normal mode? any suggestions?

What is the error message when you try to start it? Sometimes services depend on other services to start or run properly.

What OS?

Start>Run>services.msc

Make sure the service is set to Automatic or Auto (Delayed).

It is vista home premium 32-bit, and i just figured out that the services are actually on its just not getting an ip address from our 10.0.0.x network. it gets a 169.254.x.x ip address and no default gateway? whats up with that?

a 169 ip means it is not receiving an ip from the dhcp server or not connecting at all.

Is tcp/ip setup to obtain ip automatically?

what kind of router do you have?

checked the cable to ensure it is good?

Yes my tcp/ip settings are set to receive automatically. The dhcp service is started, and its weird cuz i can connect locally but im getting the wrong ip address locally and no gateway address. My router is probably a cisco, not to sure. and yes the cable is good, like i stated earlier, i can connect while in safe-mode with networking, just not in normal mode. so their must be some kind of service that's interfering with it in normal mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom