Folder views. Default views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
Long story short, you can set up your default folder view. However, I was wondering if I can set up two defaults...

I want my pictures folder to show up via thumbnails, and everything else to show up via details.

Is that possible? Or can I only set up 1 default across my entire system?

Set up with Details everywhere then go to your pictures and set that folder itself by thumbnails. Should work then. Cant have 2 defaults.

Right... but that won't show my pictures in thumbnails if I power down and boot back up again, will it? I'd be stuck having to manually change it to thumbsnails, right?

When you get the folder to thumbnails just hit F11 twice. The first time it will take ti full screen. The 2nd time it will take it back to Windowed mode and save it.

That seemed to work, however I found another folder of pictures so I threw it in my pictures folder. Then, EVERYTHING reverted back to details view.

I guess I'm sticking with details view for everything.

Nevermind - Once I exited out and back in it seemed to work. Odd.

IT is because that F11 trick is to save the format for that folder. While movig a file in there may seem to switch it back it is only temporary till you go back into the folder. It should then go back to the saved default for that folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom