folder settings and other unrelated questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdan

Daemon Poster
a few unrelated questions:

1/ sometimes i change folder settings, for example choosing small icons in a certain folder, or details mode. how do i make these settings apply to all subfolders? how about to every single folder? in case the solution to that is permanent in nature, if i did succeed in doing that, how would i make one subfolder's appearance diff from its parent?

2/ is there some way i can make my media files have the VLC icon on them, yet open in GOM player? i find the latter to be superior, but the VLC icon is so much prettier.

actually while im at that another question:

I've set GOM to fwd 5 seconds when i press the right arrow key, which seems to work fine for 20 min shows. but when im watching a movie it fwds a more random amount, like 8-12 seconds. anyone know why or how to fix?

lastly, some excel stuff. im trying to figure out what scalability means. to print certain assignments i have to print them on one page with no less than 75% scalability. ive noticed the smaller i 'scale' the sheet the more you can print but im not getting whats happening here. is the font being made smaller or something?

im also trying to figure out macro's these days. i know how to create one but dont know what to do to get good at them. is there some onine tutorial, preferrably free or cheap, or some book which can be of use? im using lynda right now and also have the excel bible, but at least w/ lynda i only see an explanation, not exercises or anything of the sort.

thanks
dan

1 - there a button in folder options for apply settings for all folders

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/maintain/folders.mspx

2 - i would try to change the icon for the file type. somewhere in here Modify an existing file type

I never used GOM, you can try windows media player classic

Media Player Classic - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

scalability can usually be referred as a print zoom. i usually use how many pages wide by how many tall though.

excel macro tutorial - i should add more explaination though

http://www.techist.com/forums/f38/excel-vba-login-button-unprotects-worksheet-191182/

complete excel vba reference - theres an online version too. i can't find it quickly

Download details: Office 2003 Editions: Excel VBA Language Reference

thanks man!

the first link showed how to apply certain settings to all folders. is there a way to apply all settings to SUB folders only?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom