Folder Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Rocks

In Runtime
I have a school question I was wonder if someone can help. The question is "On Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Operating Systems or newer, what is the default permission set folder?" These are the answers given:

Everyone has Read access

Administrators have Full Control

PowerUsers have Full Control access

Everyone has Ful Control access

Any ideas what the answer might be?

Is this for sharing or like making a new folder? You'd think that the user making the folder would get full access, obviously administrators would get full access, not sure about the others. I always end up setting the permissions to everyone full access to avoid programs getting angry at me but not sure what the defaults are.

The question is to ambigious. Cause it depends on the account type in use. If you have the Admin then well of course the Admin has full rights. But if you are using a a Limited account you can set it but only Read from it. So there is more than one answer possible.

Power Users isnt a specific account type. If you try to create a account in XP you will see that it says Admin or Limited. There is no Power User Account Type.

So unless there is more than 1 answer possible. Cause Everyone can Read from it is true. But it does not make reference to if everyone can WRITE to it. In which only the Admin Account would qualify. At the same time the Admin account has full control is also correct.

So technically there is 2 possible answers. Since the first answer doesnt say that it can be written to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom