"The folder "iTunes" is on a locked disk or you do not have write permissions for this folder."

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
So I go on my pc after like 3 days of not using it, and all of a sudden I am getting the error in my title when I open itunes. I tried re installing- nothing. I googled this problem and tried EVERYTHING they said... making it not read only, allowing everyone to have permission... etc... Can someone please help!!!! I am running windows 7 64bit. thank you!

Ok, the second worked with the command prompt stuff, it was successful, i couldnt find the secpol thing in my search. still the same error

ok, I couldnt undo the admin thing from the first one... and I followed the other guide and checked that box, still the same thing :/

I fixed the admin thing, but I did your second guide and it still wont work

Try this.

1. Copy ‘iTunes 4 Music Library' and ‘iTunes Music Library.xml' out of your Music/iTunes folder. Put them on your Desktop.

2. Delete those two files from your Music/iTunes folder. Now the only thing in there will be your ‘iTunes Music' folder (unless you keep that somewhere else, of course).

3. Start iTunes. It opens up empty. Now quit iTunes. Notice it has created new, empty ‘iTunes 4 Music Library' and ‘iTunes Music Library.xml' files.

4. Delete those new files. Copy your old files from your Desktop back into your Music/iTunes folder.

5. Start iTunes again. Presto! Everything's back to normal!

I attached a picture mak, I do not have that first file you said. Also, what I discovered is that if I go into start>c> program files x86 > itunes, then right click the itunes.exe icon and hit run as admin, it works. Any ideas? Can;t get it to work from my desktop though, even as admin, from the same icon copied.

Attachments

• itunes.jpg
    itunes.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 3,338
I dont know what to tell you. I dont use iTunes nor have it installed on any machine i own. Those steps are what i found on other sites. Iwould try Apples support forums. It iz tbeir software after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom