floppy disks, and transfering files

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
sometimes when i copy files to floppy disks and transfer them to other computers they dont recognise it. It sometimes says it is not formatted but it is. Why are floppy disks so unreliable and how can i make them less unreliable. also this problem came up when i needed to transfer a word document (100kb). The easiest means seemed to be floppy. Since floppy disks are so unreliable and i had to switch bettween my only monitor. one computer has printer, serial and network port. The other one has usb, network, serial, printer ports. Is there any easy way to transfor the file.
thanks
wayne

You can use a flash card memory module, it is much reliable than a floopy disk, It cost a little, but you can store up to 1 gig of data.

yeah i use mmc cards, i got a 256mb one, and its the size of a finger nail, keep it in a small case, and its compatible with any device suchas cameras, phones, computers

sorry i havnt replied, yeah, i have a 64mb flash disk and i normally use that but on this occasion the old computer doesnt have a usb port. Dosnt matter now, i just retyped it.
i might invest into a bigger flash disk, or an external HDD case or sometihng.
thanks
wayne

I love my pendrive .... i think it's really cool n' real handy ... There's hardly a day when i don't use it :)
Pendrive3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom