Flickering Issues - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Flickering Issues

Well, I didn't know where to put this, and I've had this issue for a long time, but here it goes.

Alright, at first, I'll turn on my computer, I can hear the fans and everything, and the monitor is on, but the monitor button keeps blinking, as if it's not responding, and my keyboard doesn't seem to respond either.

So I turn off my computer, and start it up again, it works, but when I use 32-bit it makes my computer flicker, constantly, and it reduces the whole performance, so I can't run Photoshop, or even play games such as Counter-Strike: Source. So there's like a pattern, it works, it doesn't, it works, it doesn't. Each time I restart.

Anyways, If I switch it to 16-bit it doesn't flicker, but again, most of my games I can't run, because of the performance. :[[

Anyone have any clues as how to fix this? I've installed 94.24_forceware_winxp_english_whql, I have nVIDIA GeForce 6100 video card. And I have no clue how to fix this.

Help would be very much appreciated.

Old 08-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: Flickering Issues

Uninstall The Drivers You Installed.

Control Panel: Add Remove Programs - Nvidia Drivers.

Install the Latest 6 Series Drivers From

Welcome to NVIDIA - Graphics Cards, Motherboards, Notebooks, Desktop PCs
HAF 932 -- ASUS P8Z68-V
Intel i5 @ 4.5Ghz -- CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Plus
8GB Corsair Vengeance Jet Black 1600MHz -- 2x XFX ATi Radeon HD 6970 2GB
Closed Thread