FlashPlayer version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThriceLabs

Solid State Member
My new notebook (HP G60120US, Vista) has been having problems opening some websites using IE 7. According to the report generated by my system, this problem is caused by Flash Player. I followed the prompts and Flash Player version 9,0,115,0 was installed. However, I had version 10 before following these instructions. I need Flash for work. What went wrong?

Below is the message from Windows:

Problem caused by Flash Player

This problem was caused by Flash Player, which was created by Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Recommendation
Adobe Systems Incorporated has released a newer version of Flash Player. We recommend you install the most current version to take advantage of security and stability improvements that might solve this problem.

Note
If you are running Flash Player in a 64-bit browser, see the Additional information section below before continuing.

To update Flash Player, follow these steps:

Go online to download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller from the Adobe Systems Incorporated website:

Adobe Flash Player uninstaller

In the File Download dialog box, click Save, and then choose a destination for the uninstall_flash_player.exe file. For example, you can save the file to your Desktop.

Double-click the uninstall_flash_player.exe file. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall Adobe Flash Player and then click Close.

Go online to the Adobe System Incorporated website, and then follow the instructions to install the Flash Player update:

Install Adobe Flash Player

Additional information for 64-bit browser users

Flash Player is not currently supported in 64-bit browsers. You can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system. For more information, see the TechNote on the Adobe Systems Incorporated website:

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems

How can I find out if my system type is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.

Under System, you can view the system type.
"Problem caused by Flash Player
This problem was caused by Flash Player, which was created by Adobe Systems Incorporated.

Recommendation

Adobe Systems Incorporated has released a newer version of Flash Player. We recommend you install the most current version to take advantage of security and stability improvements that might solve this problem.

Note
If you are running Flash Player in a 64-bit browser, see the Additional information section below before continuing.

To update Flash Player, follow these steps:

Go online to download the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller from the Adobe Systems Incorporated website:

Adobe Flash Player uninstaller

In the File Download dialog box, click Save, and then choose a destination for the uninstall_flash_player.exe file. For example, you can save the file to your Desktop.

Double-click the uninstall_flash_player.exe file. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click Yes to confirm that you want to uninstall Adobe Flash Player and then click Close.

Go online to the Adobe System Incorporated website, and then follow the instructions to install the Flash Player update:

Install Adobe Flash Player

Additional information for 64-bit browser users

Flash Player is not currently supported in 64-bit browsers. You can run Flash Player in a 32-bit browser running on a 64-bit operating system. For more information, see the TechNote on the Adobe Systems Incorporated website:

Flash Player support on 64-bit operating systems
How can I find out if my system type is 32-bit or 64-bit?
Click the Start button , right-click Computer, and then click Properties.
Under System, you can view the system type."

Start>Run>winver or Right click on Computer>Properties

That will get you what version of Vista you are running.

Flash Player is not 64 Bit compatible. If you want to use it in 64 Bit you will have to go under Program Files (x86) and execute iexplorer.exe or firefox.exe from there. That will be the 32 Bit version that is flash compatible and will allow flash to work.

Flash 10 is the latest version. Get the uninstaller from their page run that then download the latest version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom