Flash in Win 7 x64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I installed it and flash will not work so I assume it installed the x64 version, unless I am missing something. Flash installed correctly, I double checked in IE 8 and it works

When you install the "install_flash_player.exe" that is not what IE 8 uses, IE uses its own installer.

I use Win 7 x64 as my main OS and Vista x64 as my second and I use FF in both and Flash player is a must for all the web pages that I go to in both IE and FF I have not had any problems,

have you downloaded and installed the latest version of flash player?

I found the problem. For some reason I get this error:

Capture.jpg

I don't know why it says that when it gets to system32 (how come there is one in x64?) because I have plenty of space on my HDD

I solved the problem temporarily by going to Adobe's site and digging for a Flash player 9 version which installed just fine and works. I still want to install 10 but for the moment at least I solved my problem.

System32 is a Windows folder. It has nothing to do with the Bit type of the OS. That is where most of the information for Windows is stored overall. If you look in there you will see the executables for Control Panel, Calc, among all the others. That is where they are stored.

Try cleaning out your temp files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom