flash player for 64 bit IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

saucy2040

Baseband Member
i know this an extremely simple question to answer but all ive been able to come up with is knowing that apparently flash player has created a a download yet to support 64 bit browsers.

is this right? Im currently running windows 7 with the newest internet explorer the 64 bit version, and when im trying to watch a video on youtube its sayin i dont have the most recent flash player plugin, and when i click on the link to download it, the page it redirects me to says they dont have a flash player that supports 64 bit browsers yet, but one will come out with the 10.1 version

Yes you are correct. Adobe has not release a Flash player yet for 64 Bit browsers. As of right now only IE has a true 64 Bit browser though. If you install Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari you will notice that they install to Program Files (x86) which is for 32 Bit programs. So they dont have a true 64 Bit browser at this time.

For stuff that require flash you need to go into the start menu and load up IE but not the 64 Bit version. you will see it listed as Internet Explorer. The 64 Bit version is labeled as such.

ahha thanks alot man i really appreciate the help!

just out of curiosity, and once again i know this is a very simple answer that i dont know, but what is the difference between a 32 bit and 64 bit browser?

That one isnt so simple. Cause honestly i dont know. I mean the browser itself only can do so much that it is programmed for. So why IE has both versions and what the difference is i will have to research.

found it.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896457

The x64-based versions of Microsoft Windows Server 2003 and Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition include a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version of Microsoft Internet Explorer. Both versions of Internet Explorer are included to increase compatibility with existing programs and Web sites. The 32-bit version of Internet Explorer can host only native 32-bit ActiveX controls and other 32-bit Web page objects. The 64-bit version of Internet Explorer can host only native 64-bit ActiveX controls and other 64-bit Web page objects.

This article describes the differences between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Internet Explorer that are included in the x64-based versions of Windows.

Apparently Microsoft has some ActiveX controls that are 64 Bit only and can only be used by that version of the browser. ActiveX is a component only found in IE and mainly used by Microsoft now. ActiveX used to be big but after major flaws were found in it, many people dropped it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom