Fixing a corrupt shell32.dll Bad Checksum

Status
Not open for further replies.

aletheuo14

Beta member
I was trying to install a 3rd party theme for windows xp MCE on my dell inspiron e1505. after rebooting i got the stop error STOP: 0000221. It will not boot into safe mode or anything. All the recovery stuff is on the partition. I've not tried to get into this and don't know how. I don't have an A: drive. I says this b/c i want to maybe make a CD and boot into DOS or something? Any help would be great. Thanks,

ron

well this is probably the only time someone will say they are glad they kept the partition and some of the bloatware.
i got in thru the ctrl+f11 key to norton ghost that dell had on here for recovery, but i'd never put any restore points on there. but i had backed up several of the files i replaced to put the theme (system32.dll and loginui.exe and I found the msgina.dll online)
from here i just cut and paste into the directory where they went, booted it up and it came up!
hopefully that is it. everything seems to be working like normal. i can't tell if it is slower or not (it could just be my mind freaking out). anyway that is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom