One of my Windows Server 2003 SP1 wasn't reporting its status to the WSUS server for more than a month. So I checked to see what is going on by running Windows Updates on the server in question locally. I was getting the Error: 0x800A0007 when I tried to download updates. I searched around and only found the following reasons:
1. Default language is set other than English
2. Date/Time was off significantly
3. Proxy was set.
And none of the above was the reasons. But it turned out that it was because the computer wasn't rebooted since the last update which required the computer to do to take effective. As soon as I rebooted it, the error disappeared.
I just wanted to share this information...