First Legit Windows 7 Screenshots ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
We all read the news that Windows 7 is expected in late 2009 and that first milestone releases are send out to partners for testing purposes. Microsoft is very secretive about features and layout of the Windows Vista successor and does not publish any information regarding the new operating system.
Since the milestone 1 release has been out two forum posts with information have emerged. One was deleted after a short period of time but the cached version remains. The tester was not really happy with Windows 7 and expressed those feelings explicitly.
The second appearance was on a Chinese forum were screenshots of Windows 7 were posted. Until now no one was able to verify this images but they could be legit after all. They do look terribly like Windows Vista which is understandable for such an early build. Let us all hope and prey that Microsoft will not concentrate on more eye candy in Windows 7.

Pics here --> First Legit Windows 7 Screenshots ? : Welcome To Tech-Dump

Dont you think they would at least get rid of the Windows 7 "Ultimate" for the M1 build? I think so. Fake.

Actually if you go to all those sites, I think its legit.

A search shows up with a lot of info on this

I have looked at all teh screenshot. A few of them do look legit. But that one of the winver is fake. If they went in to remove all teh color and everythign else from the Vista winver they would ahve removed teh Ultimate part.

The Control Panel and Display options look really good though. So either someone spent some time photoshoping them, which i still think is true cause M$ had a big bout with them over piracy. I cant see M$ sending them a M! build of Windows 7 just to have it hit the net as fast as their Black Market will allow.

they look real good but i still think they are fake. IT is from Chia and i still dont think M4 would send them a M1 Build. Not after how fast they pirated Vista...

I looked at the 'About Windows' screenshot, why does it have version 6.1 shown if it's windows 7?

That is the same thing i said for the Windows 7 ultimate part. If they went in to code the winver to read Windows 7 they would ahve removed the Ultimate part since they have not made the announcement on versions yet and they would ahve upped the kernel to version 7. Espically since they are not using the kernel that Vista uses. They are using the MiniMe kernel or whatever it is. ;)

More reasons as to why these are more fake than anything. Even the torrents out there are fake...

Why do people get excited about screen shots from an OS thats 2 years out? Getting a sonogram to be informed about a baby's progress.... ok, THAT I understand. But, it's only a screen shot of an OS.... What is so exciting about that? Tells us nothing about how it has been improved. Is it just so that we can participate in a thread and say, "Yea, I've seen it!!!!!!" I really hope people aren't getting their hopes up from an OS that is really far away from it's release date. OMG! It's got a big clock that I can move around!!!! :) I hope I'm not offending anyone, just don't understand the hype.

fake, on the youtube video at 2minute 50second when the dude is in Media Center he zooms in on the screen an it clearly says Widows Vista V6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom