First Day....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro69

In Runtime
hi

well, finally got my system working today. yay!

C2D 6420 in an Asus P5N-E, 2x 1Gb Corsair Ballistix 6400, 2x Sata 320 Gb HD's, XFX 8800 GTS 320 Mb Extreme Edition, Creative X-Fi Extreme Gamer, Asus Sata DVD Lightscribe R/W, Thermaltake Toughpower 850, all in a Silver Thermaltake Tsunami

Installed this Microsoft Windows XP Pro Media Center Edition 2005 VLK h33t : Software > Windows - Other - Mininova for my OS

Partitioned the first 320 into an 8 Gb, 150 Gb, 150 Gb
Partitioned the second 320 into 3x 100 Gb

Installed the drivers.....
I think I did it okay?

Anyway, I had the presence of mind to keep the internet connection off until Zone Alarm and AVG Free were installed....

Started updating, got a screen which said to turn off caching and shadowing via the bios, etc, so I restarted after trying to decipher the fine print....

Got another request to allow Apache HTTP Server as a server via Zone Alarm. Apache.exe. The IP was 0.0.0.0:port 3476
Went thru a few pages of Google, called my ISP, was informed that 0.0.0.0. was my computer, so I allowed it.

Tried to update again. All seemed to be going well....
Then, what I'm told, from the ISP guy, is that because in safe mode and last good configuration both will not load the start menu, task bar, etc, that it's a virus and that EXPLORER.EXE is also complicit in my misery.......

I'M GONNA KILL SOME LITTLE FAGGOT.... GRRRR

anyway, kind people, could someone inform me of options. Is a computer technician the only option? Is it a virus? Would it have been transferred to my external HD? Can I reinstall?

as well, a status message on the task bar stated that the HD's and the DVD were attached devices, that i could "safely remove from the system", if i so desired, (all Sata connections)

and lastly, did i partition my drives correctly for the installation of software, such as video games, software suites, system utitilities, ad nauseum

sincerely,
J.

i did try to buy it, but you can't buy XP now because Vista is out (which i don't want)

anyway, it's a student installation disc, so it's supposed to be good. And reading around I've learned it's likely the Nvidia driver.

That isnt a good XP version. I have MCE as well and my disc is just over 700MB total. That version is over 1GB so something is wrong.

As far as not being able to Buy XP that isnt true. I ahve seen XP for sale at my local Wal-Mart jsut yesterday. So it is still out there. You just have to know where to look.

Also i have jsut found over 68 results for XP MCE on newegg. Cant find it? I find that hard to believe.

Newegg.com - Buy Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

There is my search for you as well. Just to help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom