Firewall set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

chara33

Daemon Poster
I have a firewall activated on my verizon modem, vonage device and my windows firewall all active. Is this the best or worse setup I can have? If not, what is the best set up i can have?

thx

Window's firewall is about the least secure thing. I'd run a third party software firewall. As Comodo Firewall, ZoneAlarm and others.

But a firewall from your router/modem isn't always the best. Hardware firewalls are best, but not the friendliest of beasts.

I would always have a gateway firewall and a host based firewall set up like you have, as MOM pointed out windows firewall is prity basic I would go out and find a decent 3rd party one to use.

That's like firewall crazy lol. As they both above pointed out that Windows Firewall is basic, I don't really see a need for a 3rd party firewall unless you're paranoid about security or you really need it because you got really important stuff lol. Been using Windows Firewall alone for quite some time, yes I'll agree it doesn't have many prompts for when stuff is changing (like Comodo or ZomeAlarm) but it's not really necessary though.

Just giving my thoughts lol. For a 3rd party if you wanna install 1, I'll +1 the Comodo as recommended.

I use Comodo ISP (Internet Security Premium). It is free for life. Has a combination of Antivirus and Firewall in one. Not a resource hog. It has asked me several times to allow a certain program to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom