FireWall / AV Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat.Clown

I don't overclock
AV as in Anti-Virus not Adult Video you perv...

now with joking aside...

the fat clown needs new firewall, because Zone-Alarm recently acted up and won't play nice with uTorrent

why does FC need firewall? because the FC has couple programs that he would prefer not having any contact with the outside world ;)
so FC needs one with in coming and out bound control

also last time I heard AVG 8.0 is now better than Avast! 4.8?
true?
should I make the switch?
or is there something even better? nod32?

and yes
FC did check the "List of Free & Open Source Software Downloads" thread
but want to know what the fellas here on Tech-Forums prefer / recommends

Did you check the "Top rated Anti-virus" and "Top rated Firewall"?

AV: http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/tech-forums-top-rated-antivirus-167005/

FW: http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/tech-forums-top-rated-firewall-173485/

Personally i would go with AVG/NOD32 for AV (I'm guessing since you mentioned utorrent and that you have a 'couple programs that he would prefer not having any contact with the outside world', that you could put utorrent to use and obtain NOD32.

As for firewall I never use them so meh.

I always use AVG. It's served me faithfully over my long (cough cough) years as a tech and I've always found it satisfactory.
Can't say much for firewalls tho, like Red I tend to not use them so much. My main firewall is my router.

I use Nod32, and it's great. Hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.

As for Firewall, since my router doesn't have a firewall built-in, I use Comodo on both my desktop and laptop.

Eset Smart Security!!

Free: Avast & Comodo

Best: Firewalled router and NOD32 or Avast. :p

Eset Smart Security is Nod32 with a firewall, among other security-related programs to protect you. It's basically an all-in-one by Eset.

Eset Smart Security is Nod32 with a firewall, among other security-related programs to protect you. It's basically an all-in-one by Eset.

Is part of ESET smart security suite and anti-virus as well? If that is the case I would not have to get NOD32 anti virus as well? Is that correct?

cheers

Yes, that's correct. Eset Smart Security is pretty much just everything bundled together, so you wouldn't have to get Nod32 additionally, as it would have it with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom