Firefox uninstalling extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpmwrestler

In Runtime
Hello everyone, I am getting angry with firefox even though it is my favorite browser. I opened up firerox the other day, and It wanted to update it to 1.5.0.6 (I had 1.5.0.4) so it installed 1.5.0.6 and then restarted firefox and I checked everything out to see if the update went ok, and found in "extensions"
that "J2SE(TM) Runtime Enviroment 5.0 Update 7"
"not compatible with firefox 1.5.0.6" but it was compatible with firefox 1.5.0.4. So I uninstalled 1.5.0.6 and reinstalled 1.5.0.4, but now the j2se extension is not compatible with 1.5.0.4. So in add or remove programs, I removed j2se... update 7, because I had update 6 already installed. But for some reason, the extension still comes up in the extension manager as update 7 not compatible with 1.5.0.4?????? Anyone know why and how to uninstall update 7, I tried uninstalling it in firefox safe modem, but no luck it is still greyed out.

if you uninstall firefox, update 7, and 6 including all the folders left behind if firefox leaves any and then you install 1.5.0.6 then visit a site with a java applet in it, when it asks you to install up at the top bar just do it that way and let firefox install thats what i did. also clear the registry of any java entries before you reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom