firefox and stopzilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I need to explain this a little better.

In stopzilla (sz) when i click on a link in a window, suck like the link in your avatar titled my blog, sz will bring up a small message box saying that a window is attempting to open, I have the ooption of allowing it or blocking it and also remember the action taken. This happens for evey link that opens another window.

This is what I would like the firefox to do. Is it possible? If not then I am wondering why stopzialla doesnt work like it does with ie.

tf = techforum

Do you syill have Stopzilla running in the background? Could be causing some trouble there.

My Firefox kills ALL pop-ups. Plus, you can right-click on ads and block them, too.

well, the way i see it, when you don't want firefox to open new windows just middle-click it (using the scroll wheel - if you've configured it that way for tabbed browsing)... there - your problems are solved - no more extra windows

i think i understand > stopzilla works with IE because IE always open a new window > it doesn't use tabs. so you click a link and it will ask if you want a new window.... i think stopzilla treats every new window as a popup

there's no need for that in firefox - its understood if you're using tabs that you won't get new windows if you just open it as a tab. so these aren't recognized a pop-ups - real popups will be blocked and a small bar will appear at the top of the site asking if you want to allow or block them.

AND_YOU_ARE said:
I cant seem to get the tabs to work, what boxes do I need to have checked?

Go to Tools > Options, then click advanced on the side.

gettabs.jpg

then click OK and restart Firefox. whenever you want a new tab just middle click the link with your mouse scroll wheel and the site should open in the new tab. if you don't have a scrool wheel, right-click and then choose, open in new tab. double clicking in the empty tab space at the top will open a new blank tab. when you type in the location bar and press alt+enter, you get a new tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom