Firefox Shortcuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scroudt

In Runtime
Hey all,
Just got my SSD yesterday afternoon and want to to a fresh install on it, I'm saving a few things from my current primary HHD but I'm having a problem finding where firefox saves bookmarks. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Also, while I have you, is there anything I need to save for BF3?

Thanks in advance

Actually, there's a better way to do it.

Go to your Firefox profile folder (C:\Users\<Windows login/user name>\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile folder>), Zip the entire contents and save the zip file on to a flash drive or something. Once you install Firefox on the SSD, unzip the file into the FF folder, replacing any duplicate files. BAM! you have your entire FF setup right like it was, bookmarks, extensions, cookies, everything.

I use this as my FF is extremely customized and I don't want to have to take two or three hours recreating it every time.

Mozbackup just takes a few minutes, it copies nearly everything you could need. It's almost exactly like copying the profile.

So I have another question.

I've installed windows on the new SSD, installed firefox as well. I went with Trotters advice and just zipped the folder. Went to unzip the book marks onto the new SSD but when I go into my user folder, the AppData folder isn't present? why is this?

You can also open it by opening the Start menu and typing '%appdata%'. (Thank Minecraft for needing me to know that :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom