Firefox owns Internet Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
i installed .8 once. Reminded me of netscape navigator. Had a ***** of a time with plugins. Couldn't get a good feel for tabbed browsing. I'm sticking with IE.

The MSN and AOL browsers are just a skinned Internet Explorer. AOL tried to use Netscape a few years back but it didnt work out. Netscape was the browser to have untill windows started pre-packaging IE on all their operating systems. AOL bought Netscape, ruined it now it is total garbage. Mozilla browsers use the orriginal source code of Netscape, you can get alot of Netscape plug-ins to work with a little effort. Opera (registered) I my weapon of choice when i surf on Windows. I use K-Mellon on Mandrake, I really dont like it on Windows. There are so many browsers now it would be impossible to list them all, most of them dont bother to download because nothing supports them. They surf and thats about it.

I used to think so also ... I loved tabbed browsing capability in Firefox, Mozilla, etc. But I use IE 6.0 and with patches and the plug-in "WebTabs" which is an awesome tabbed browser plug-in for IE and Pluck as my RSS reader ... it has everything I need.

Still can't get FireFox to fully support even Flash. I wonder when they're going to get around to being at the cutting edge of supporting web technologies, rather than struggling to support what falls out the back end of the wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom