Firefox and IE problemz0rz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Microsoftt

Solid State Member
Well, Firefox just sort of... stopped working, for not much of a reason. I ran Spybot and removed some crap, and Firefox started working again for about five minutes, then stopped again. I ran Spybot again, and it didn't help that time.

I got frustrated and just went, "Okay, fine, screw you. I'll just use IE again," but of course, something else had to go wrong. I checked in the "have IE check to see if it's the default," and it just won't. I restarted the computer to see if it'd help, and it didn't.

And before anyone says anything, I don't like Opera.

heel plz

Try uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling it. Maybe that will help. Either that or just uninstallit period. You caould also try Maxathon browser. Look here for the macathon browser.

you only use spybot? spyware doctor is really good so is ad-aware se personal and microsoft anti-spyware. i had the same problem and now its fixed :D

Thanks for the compliment on the Sig. Made it myself. As for spyware Guitar is correct you should use more than just Spybot. Ad aware, M$ Antispyware are also good to use in tandem with Spybot. A-Squared has a good app also.

Could you explain the problems with Firefox?

I one time had a problem with Firefox, and all I had to do was clear the cache and cookies and everything worked. Didn't exactly figure out why, but oh well. Try that if the spyware removals don't work.

Make sure you have a recent version of FF. What do you mean by "stop working"? Did it start? Sometimes website just won;t displayporperly, due to corruption, server issues, or a myriad of other things. That's the sort of thign the cache/cookie clearing would fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom