Firefox, how to stop it moving my cursor from text input box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanwest

In Runtime
For instance, when I start up and it goes to yahoo mail, i will click on the username box while it is still loading and start to type it in, but as soon as it loads, it removes my cursor from the box and i start typing ti in sosmewhere else like the address bar. This happens in other situations too, including the search bar. It is annoying after hundreds of times and I shouldn't have to wait till the whole page loads, only what i need to load.

Maybe wait for it to fully load before you start typing? That could help.

Well, yes that's an efficient way waiting, but it really gets on you nerves when you are downloading at the same time. Opera has an autoform button for remmebering the passwords, when you press it automatically types in the correct input boxes the username, the password and enter so you don't have to move your cursor. I thought btw that the cursor blinking was exasperating but when I turned it off it seemed really fake cursor or like it stucked.

firefox has the same feature, it remembers all my passwords and usernames, i just have to hit login/submit

idk of a browser that doesnt have this feature really

Firefox does have the same feature. If you let it save passwords. All you have to do is start to type in the username and then clikc the name when it pops up.

But even with Opera you have to wait for the page to load before you have the option to use the "Wand" feature. That is what it is called.

So again my statement rings true. Let the page fully load before you start to type. That is the only efficent way not to run into these issues.

Maybe wait for it to fully load before you start typing? That could help.
What's the point of this? My question was how do I do it without waiting for it to fully load everytime, therefore this answer is irrelevant.
I shouldn't have to wait till the whole page loads

Other people use the computer and know my account username(s) so I don't like using remembered passwords(and don't say they can use keyloggers because they would not bother that much).

There is NO WAY to do it without letting the page to laod. Because it doesnt matter what browser you are it, this will happen. Try typing someing in Opera, IE, Safari, Firefox, MAxathon, or whatever. If you start typing in a text filed before a page loads when the page finally finishes loading the focus changes for your mouse.

It is no longer in the text filed and there is no way to stop it. None that i have ever seen or found over the past 15+ years of using PC's. No you shouldnt have to wait but guess what. The world isnt perfect and neither is the internet. They say the best things come to those who wait. If you are that impatient. Then i guess you should find another hobby. I really dont mean to saound so harsh but honestly there is nothing that can be done to change the focus of your mouse after a site loads. It will always happen.

There is NO WAY to do it without letting the page to laod. Because it doesnt matter what browser you are it, this will happen. Try typing someing in Opera, IE, Safari, Firefox, MAxathon, or whatever. If you start typing in a text filed before a page loads when the page finally finishes loading the focus changes for your mouse.

It is no longer in the text filed and there is no way to stop it. None that i have ever seen or found over the past 15+ years of using PC's. No you shouldnt have to wait but guess what. The world isnt perfect and neither is the internet. They say the best things come to those who wait. If you are that impatient. Then i guess you should find another hobby. I really dont mean to saound so harsh but honestly there is nothing that can be done to change the focus of your mouse after a site loads. It will always happen.
calm down, you gave a bad answer the first time.
I agree it would be nice if there was a setting for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom