firefox is having issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirdLeft152

Daemon Poster
firefox on my computer is having some issues and im not sure why. i've unistalled it manually and did a fresh install but it continues to have this problem. whenever i click on a link or picutre or something and a smaller new window pops up my (ex. click on an image on newegg to look at a product) my firefox freezes every time and has to restart. i can't check my webmail anymore or anything. there's no error code or anything displayed it just says that firefox has stopped working and windows will have to close the program. any ideas?

by the way internet explorer works just fine, if that is even relevant.

Have you uninstalled it and removed the folders and everything left on your PC from Firefox? In the Program Files folder along with the App Data folder?

Could it be due to a extension you are installing?

Have you tried to edit the options so that the things pop up in a new tab in the current window and not a new window?

still having sever problems with this. i can't even access my school e-mail which i really need to be able to do when im not at home. here's a picture that can maybe better explain the problem i am having...

what i did was i went to the first product i saw on bestbuy.com (doesn't matter what it is) and i clicked on it to view more images and everytime a little window pops up thats like a mini-browser that only has an address bar but no other options, firefox freezes and i am forced to close the program.

firefox.jpg

It is that pop up window which is crashing it. I dont know what else i can tell you. Contact Mozilla. They might know what is going on cause i was just there in my Firefox and it didnt crash...

I use Firefox 3 Beta 3.0 works good for me, if you don't get anything back from Mozilla, I've been using the Beta since it came out and it works good for me I don't have any problems with it, much better than IE7 imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom