Firefox Downloading Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Fear

Baseband Member
I'm having touble downloading files in Firefox version 0.9.3. Where it is supposed to say how big the file is, it just says 0. And where the time remaining should be it just says ???. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times.

Any help?

-Silent Fear

Hmm, I'm not sure why I would do that.

Is it selective to certain mirrors?

Sometimes it won't show the information, but It finishes anyways.

how big are the files u download? sometimes u get bugs that wont show how fast or how big the file is.

if its not downloading at all, then it sounds like its trying to get file header info and not receiving it. could be firewall problem. running zone alarm? that may cause it, also disable xp's built in firewall.

mdshort said:
Sometimes it won't show the information, but It finishes anyways. [/B]

It does that with pictures, and they're OK. But the installers for programs won't work.

It does this with every file. I'm using McAfee's firewall, but I gave Firefox full access.

-Silent Fear

regardless, try disabling any and all firewalls and try the download again (including winxp firewall!!). not saying run without one, but if it works after that then you know where the problem lies.

I tried disabling the firewall, and I got nothing.

I really don't have a clue what's wrong....and I'm stuck downloading in IE...

-Silent Fear

Silent_Fear said:
I tried disabling the firewall, and I got nothing.

I really don't have a clue what's wrong....and I'm stuck downloading in IE...

-Silent Fear

yow a friend of mine thought he was stuck with ie and he actually used ie to download firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom