Firefox in a domain enviroment

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

I would like to be able to install Firefox on all the computers on our domain(approx. 80 computers). Has anyone ever done this, if so, what software did you use to control Firefox updates to workstations, etc.? Any links to good info would be appreciated as well.

I am searching Google but I just figured I'd check here too.

IE8 is driving me and my users crazy, I can't stand it anymore. It sucks so bad I can't believe Microsoft would even allow it.

Are you talking about doing it through the Domain without actually visiting each computer to do the install? I'm not too sure how that would be done, but my knowledge with domain software management is limited.

I too share your pain with IE8. ****, even IE7 was the same way. This summer we pulled the plug on IE cold-turkey and pushed out Firefox to every box in the district. Granted, we re-imaged almost everything, so we just plopped Firefox on the image and ran with it. All of our software vendors agree that Firefox is just the way to go now. Microsoft has a lot of catching up to do if IE is going to stay in the game.

Are you talking about doing it through the Domain without actually visiting each computer to do the install? I'm not too sure how that would be done, but my knowledge with domain software management is limited.

I too share your pain with IE8. ****, even IE7 was the same way. This summer we pulled the plug on IE cold-turkey and pushed out Firefox to every box in the district. Granted, we re-imaged almost everything, so we just plopped Firefox on the image and ran with it. All of our software vendors agree that Firefox is just the way to go now. Microsoft has a lot of catching up to do if IE is going to stay in the game.

In regards to your first paragraph: Yes, that would be ideal but not absolutely necessary.

The most important thing is that I can patch Firefox on workstations easily and that all Firefox settings are put on lockdown(not allowed to be changed by users, except myself of course).

Is there anything out there that will allow this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom