Firefox 3 Final out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Firefox 3 final has been uploaded to the Mozilla ftp site just a minute ago and everyone can already download the client if they do not want to wait for the official announcement on the Mozilla website and the “world-record” website. As usual it is available for all supported operating systems and languages which means everyone should find his version in the ftp.
We have covered earlier that Mozilla is trying to create a world-record for the most software downloads in 24 hours. More than 1.4 million users have already pledged to download Firefox 3 today and we can expect to see a (much) higher number in the end because not everyone knows about the world record and not everyone obviously entered his email address for the pledge.
No link to the new release notes yet. I have to close my browser now to start the installation of Firefox 3 final.

Firefox 3 Final out!

Im waiting till later so that i can help with the record by downloading off their site

I got it via FTP for all my setup's so that i dont help the record. :p

What is the record they are trying to break anyways? I can't download FTP because it gives me "Too many connections" and the Pledge page still hasn't made the download available.

It may get the most downloads in 24 hours but it will not beat the most downloaded thing ever. Hard to beat the Vista Beta on that one.

I meant, what's the number they are trying to reach/break? I knew it was for most downloads in 24 hours.

In honesty i dont know. I tond know what the record is for most in a day. But even so i still think Vista has it. :p

I just transfered it to my laptop as well. No counting me. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom