Firefox 2.0.0.5 has been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
The mozilla team has released a new version of Firefox which can already be downloaded from the Help > Check for Updates menu in Firefox or downloaded from the official download site. Three critical, two high, one moderate and two low security vulnerabilities have been fixed in this release making it a must have update for every Firefox user.
If you happen to download the new Firefox release from the official website you should be aware that you download the full version which overwrites the previous version of Firefox if installed in the same directory. All of my installed extensions are compatible with the new release and I suppose that only a few will not work initially with this release. Below is the list of fixes in this release.
MFSA 2007-25 XPCNativeWrapper pollution
MFSA 2007-24 Unauthorized access to wyciwyg:// documents
MFSA 2007-23 Remote code execution by launching Firefox from Internet Explorer
MFSA 2007-22 File type confusion due to %00 in name
MFSA 2007-21 Privilege escallation using an event handler attached to an element not in the document
MFSA 2007-20 Frame spoofing while window is loading
MFSA 2007-19 XSS using addEventListener and setTimeout
MFSA 2007-18 Crashes with evidence of memory corruption

Downloaded it on filehippo, then afterwards it starting downloading and installing automatically lol but it says version 2.0.0.5 now

Install "Nightly Tester Tools" before you install the new version. Google it, and don't use the Lite version that's on Mozilla. Once you install the new version, if an extension is not compatible you can use NTT to force it to work with the new version.

Yay, another firefox update. *goes to download it*. I'm still waiting for Firefox 3, though... Hopefully that'll add everything else I want Firefox to do without extensions (Which, by the way, isn't much)

thx. yeah, java was the only thing that it didn't fix. how did you fix it it, trotter?

my firefox was automatically updated to this, I don't see anything different. its just security updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom