Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHWebSolutions

In Runtime
Hello everybody I need to know something. I am trying to watch a streaming video on a site I make and well **** it is with any site I visit. In IE 6+ it plays in Windows Media Player but in Firefox it plays in Quicktime. Is there a setting in Firefox that Ihave to change to have it play with WMP or is it something else?. Please help me out.

William

Also I have this code and I was wondering how to make it auto start.
Code:
<embed src="http://www.emaurescue.org/pics/Video/movie.mpg" width="400" height="300" align="absmiddle"></embed>

You could get the windows media player plugin for firefox and set it to the default for that movie type or all movie types.

Well so far non of these have worked. I checked if I had the WMP plugin and I had all the files for the plugin. I also went into the tool ---> options thing and did that and it still did not play right. What else can I do?

William

Hmmm... Win2K's suggestion should have been the one.

Make sure you have WMP chosen for the type of file you are trying to play.

hmmm..maybe it is a system wide file association..run the Windows Media Player 10 install again and then make sure all files are checked when it comes to the association part of the install. This should link everything back to WMP..POS quicktime!! it should burn in **** with itunes :)

i just installed quick time actually and found that if you uninstall then reinstall it and the very last thing it asks you is view read me or configure file and MIME times. wrather than pressing finish configure those types to your liking to make sure it doesnt have any accosiation with the wmp file types then press finish. also edit > prefrences > quicktime prefrences > filetypes does the same thing and you just configure it so that it doesnt play that media. let me know if that helps good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom