Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricB

Chillin Techie
the best browser just got better.

Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 is now available for download. This is the first Beta release of our next generation Firefox browser, to be released later this year, and it is being made available to our developer and testing community for compatibility testing and to solicit feedback.

Note: This is not the final release of our Web browser, it has been made available for testing purposes only, with no end-user support. If that sounds scary, you'd probably be better off with the latest version of Firefox 1.0.

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/firefox/

Ive been using it for a while, many of the extensions and themes dont work but other than that its got some nice features and gui revampments.

I started to use this back on the 9th when i first found out about the release. Then they had that issue with the security flaw and i had to install the patch. Wayne is correct that not many extensions or themes work with it but it is nice still.

does anyone know the date the final version of 1.5 is supposed to be released?

Deer Park actually.

Be careful - the lack of mozilla calendar was a bit annoying so i went to install version 1.0.7 again at Firefox would then crash on startup. I put it back to Beta 1 so now it works oj but be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom