Firefox 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
A data miner will not corrupt the registry. Although data miners are very clearly associated with adware/spyware some other programs do use them. If you are downloading something that you trust and know let it download and install and then scan it immidiately after. If you use this approach you should always be fine. I have never had a problem in which I couldn't catch it right away.

Jonesie said:
A data miner will not corrupt the registry. Although data miners are very clearly associated with adware/spyware some other programs do use them. If you are downloading something that you trust and know let it download and install and then scan it immidiately after. If you use this approach you should always be fine. I have never had a problem in which I couldn't catch it right away.

Yeah I know. I'm saying my ad watch tool which monitors the registry when an entry tries to enter itself caught this miner. Corrupt may have been a poor choice of words, but still, the point is, it did not function properly without it. I do not wish to use software which relies on these methods.
I deal with people all day long with system issues and I have removed literally hundreds of thousands of registry keys and files and whatnot when it pertains to spyware or virus programs.
That's why I have no tolerance for it on my pc.

Labtech said:
I trying that but it doesn't work
I installed and rebooted then it pop up again:mad:

it stupid the way they implemented it, but it works.
it show you all blockable item on the page. you can only pick one at a time and you have to pick ok each time you pick one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom