Finding Outlook Express Files in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

tnsbuff

Beta member
Where are Outlook Express Messages Stored in XP?

Hi,

I'm so glad I found this forum and I hope you can help.

I just purchased a new computer with Windows XP and I'm trying to import into Outlook Express my .dbx files that I had backed up from my old pc onto a CD.

The problem is that when I click on Import | Messages in Outlook Express and specify Outlook Express 6 and browse to the folder on the CD where the files are stored, it keeps giving me a message that there are no files there, but there are.

I thought maybe I could just copy and paste the files, but I can't seem to navigate to the folder where the Outlook Express folders are stored, even though I found the path by doing a search for a folder I created.

Can anyone tell me how to navigate to this folder. It's different in XP that Win98.

Thanks,

>>bump>>

I can't believe no one knows where Outlook Express messages are stored or how to navigate to them in XP.

Anyone???

Copied old Outlook Express Files, but Not Showing in Outlook Express

Thanks to both of you for the suggestions. What I needed was to display the hidden files.

So, I copied my old files/folders to that directory, but they're not showing up when I open Outlook Express.

What gives? :)

Okay, I recopied and pasted and now I have the older messages. Unfortunately, it overwrote my existing messages. :-\ Oh well, there weren't THAT many.

Anyway, it seems that you have to have Outlook Express closed while you're doing the copy and paste.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom