finding certified drivers for xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

darsunt

In Runtime
I recently had to reinstall xp pro because of driver issues. The reinstall improved the situation but there still were minor driver issues, which became much worse when I installed oracle with a loop back connection.

For my 3rd reinstall I plan to use only drivers certified for xp pro. Does anyone know where those certified drivers are listed? I had a microsoft website where they used to be listed, but apparently microsoft has changed that website entirely.

Thanks.

Hello,

What computer do you have? You should be able to download the drivers from the computer manufacturer (if it's not a custom built machine of course).

There is no Certified list. I have just searched thru the Microsoft site and they do not have a certified list. I believe the reason for that is not every driver released is certified. Even companies like nVidia dont have every driver certified. They skip a set here and there. So your best bet is to follow Alvin's advice. Try to go to the manufacturer's site and get the drivers. If it is a self built PC use Everest or Belarc to identify your components and get the appropiate drivers.

My computer is custom built six months ago. Originally it was intended for film editing, so I put in in sound card, video card, etc for that purpose. I learned later that windows can be quite picky with the drivers. The motherboard is ASUS. So I have all the manufacturer drivers at hand.

Belarc website looks good, but I don't think it can tell me which drivers are causing my incompatibility problems. I would like to play it safe next time and install strictly certified stuff, changing sound card and video card if needed. But if there is no list?? I sure hope the motherboard chipset driver isn't causing the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom