\\FileServer + Login "Remember Password" = How to clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayce

Fully Optimized
If I'm on an XP machine I can hit my Linux file server by start - run - \\FileServer and log in, along with a "remember password" checkbox option.

Say I check it and log in, and later want it to be removed so I get the login box again when I hit my file server later - how do I do that?

EDIT - Well ****, I just found the answer.

Control Panel - User Accounts - Click on the user who has the information saved - top left "Manage My Network Passwords" and delete the entry for the one you have saved. Win.

EDIT AGAIN - Okay, let's throw a curve ball in here. I'm running Windows 7 RC, when I hit my file server I log in and check "remember my credentials." The problem is, Windows 7 doesn't remember it. Upon rebooting and logging in again, it does not remember them whereas XP did in the same scenario. Any ideas?

EDIT AGAIN AGAIN - So it seems Windows 7 RC requires you to manually put in the saved credential in order to "truly" save it. Not sure if this is an RC limitation and if the final version will fix this, but, alas it's the way I have it working. Control Panel - User Accounts And Family Safety - Credential Manager - and added one there for my file server. Rebooted. Etc. Now it works. Guess some work may need done on the "remember credentials" setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom