Files Wont Delete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atrusthegod

Baseband Member
So theres about 37,029kb of Compress data that WONT delete. No matter what I do, delete everything in my Temp folder, even in all the users on the computer, no matter if I cleared the data from my IE or Firefox, or if I click clear old compress data in the disk clean up, it still stays there. What is it, and how do I get rid of that old data that just wont go away?

Do this:

Start-Run-cmd

cd\

At the c:\ prompt cd to the dir that the files are in, type the following:

attrib -r -a -s -h *.*

then try deleting all the files in that dir by typing

del /f *.*

The /f switch will force delete files with read-only attribute (just in case) The files should delete. You should do the same thing if there are any subdirectories.

I have no idea where to look for these Compress Files.... All I know is that they are there according to the Disk Cleanup wizard. Any ideas where to find them?

No, no error at all. I bring up the Disk Cleanup wizard and I select everything. Click ok to delete it all, and after it gets done going through everything I go back to disk cleanup wizard and there are still files that arent deleted. For example, I just did the Disk Cleanup wizard, there were 37,501kb of Compress Data. I did the clean up and now there are just under 37,000kb of data still there. Ill try in safe mode.

So i went into safe mode, and under the administrator did the disk cleanup. It got rid of about 10,000kb but theres still 27,000kb left.... Here is a before and after screenshot of the disk clean up now.
Before
After
Hope this helps.

you are just compressing compressed files. you will have to manually delete them

they are probably in the C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom