File went blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathanwest

In Runtime
Hello my father was using cmoptuer editing a larege file, and he wwent away for a while. He says when he came back, the file was entirely blank. I look at the file and its saved, and the whole thing is blank. The last time it was backed up was yesterday, which is no good, because he made a lot of changes since then, which are now all lost. What tdoes he do?

start over with the original file

what? my question was how do i get the changes he made between yesterday and today back. this is some sort of writing he is doing, he cant just write it again, whatever he will write now will be new, which is no good, he spent a day writing this stuff. either answer the question, or dont post. if there is no answer to my question("you can't do it, start over" is not an answer, only how to do it is an answer, if i can't, then don't post, because i can think up 'start over' by myself) then don't post at all. i didn't ask 'can' i i asked 'how do i'.

you obviously don't have the sense to figure that out or you would have never posted. I just pointed the obvious out to you. you are welcome

you obviously don't have the sense to figure that out or you would have never posted. I just pointed the obvious out to you. you are welcome

you are still not answering my question, dear. seriously what do u get out of htis? im welcome? i didnt thank u *******.

If the file was saved as blank you are screwed. Is it possibly saved in another location? Say a temp folder or something? Try a search for the filename and see what comes up. Make sure you search all folders including hidden, system, etc.

you just don't want to hear the truth. there is no other answer. I'm actually trying to refrain myself from going down to your ignorant level. I don't know how much more that I can take, because I can't stand people who talk trash because they had a monitor as a shield

there is nothing that you can do. don't get mad at me, because you don't like the answer. he should have saved the file every 15 minutes or so when he was working on it. now it is corrupted and gone, with the exception of the last backup. period. end of story

OMG, this reminds me of that other thread where the guy thinks your bsing him. I think it was on audio or sound quality or something.

I get sick of people attacking you when you give them an answer that they don't want to hear.

at the very least, he left out too many details, like what kind of file was it and what program did he use, but he wants to attack me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom