File went blank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are still not answering my question, dear. seriously what do u get out of htis? im welcome? i didnt thank u *******.
You know this is why people are hesistant to help you. I answered your question about the Folder read only thing. Now here i am finding you getting all ****ed cause your father didnt save his work before he left. How is this Eric's fault and why must you instist on getting all ****y about it?

Eric was right from the 2nd post on. There is nothing that can be done. Save the file more often to avoid issues like this. Start with the original. If he cant live without the changes he made guess what...tell him he should learn to save his work more often to prevent file corruption in case of a system error. Everyone who uses a PC knows this basic fact.

Also learn to type. It is horrific trying to read some of this. htis? What is that? "cmoptuer editing a larege file" There is a thing called a spell checker.

Sorry for being harsh. But really you need to appreciate the help we are giving you for FREE. If you dont like our answer go to teh Geek Squad and get charged $75 for them to tell you the same stuff.

You know this is why people are hesistant to help you. I answered your question about the Folder read only thing. Now here i am finding you getting all ****ed cause your father didnt save his work before he left. How is this Eric's fault and why must you instist on getting all ****y about it?

Eric was right from the 2nd post on. There is nothing that can be done. Save the file more often to avoid issues like this. Start with the original. If he cant live without the changes he made guess what...tell him he should learn to save his work more often to prevent file corruption in case of a system error. Everyone who uses a PC knows this basic fact.
i got the file. a guy told me how to get it, it was in a .tmp file that was automatically created i had to go to folder options and show os files. so no problems, everythig is recovered.

how cud i not be ****ed at that answer? my PROBLEM was obviously the fact that the CHANGES were lost. if he had said "there is nothing u can do sory" politely that wud have been ok and i wud have been polite back even though i now find out thats not correct, but he said 'start over with the original file' which is basically a arrogant one sentence 'stupid question' answer. NOTHING is obvious.

You know this is why people are hesistant to help you.
theres never been anyone on this forum hesitant to help me so what are u talking about? ive been 5 months here and the only problem i had was ericb. everyone else has been polite apart from one guy rolling his eyes at my incompetence.

monitor as a shield
lol @ shield, wtf wud u do? beat me down because i 'disrespected' u? rofl. ur kind disgust me i could tell u were like this after ur first post. by talking this shield bs u are basically talking about something to do with dominance that happens behind the shield, while YOU are behind a shield yourself.

Oh I see. Microsoft Word does save drafts of the work document every once in a while. It actually does it alot and there are usually alot of copies of it in the temp folder. And next time, remember to save more copies. :)

Oh I see. Microsoft Word does save drafts of the work document every once in a while. It actually does it alot and there are usually alot of copies of it in the temp folder. And next time, remember to save more copies. :)

yes. i am going to pay more attention to my fathers work, because he is not good with this stuff and makes mistakes easily. i installed a program called syncback, and have it backing up at two different locations on a memory stick at two different times a day, but it is a bad program which has stopped doing what it's told, and i am trying to find a good one.

what is best option for automatically backing up his stuff at different intervals, to different locations? for example it woudl have it cycling, every hour it goes to a different location, like hour1 it goes to folder1, hour 2 itgoes to folder2 etc. is there a better way btw?

he cant keep saving the file manually as this is actually his job and he works for hours every day.

Tell him to use [Ctrl] + . Its a one hand shortcut stroke and its saves the file. Its routine for me and I press them automatically once in a while.

Tell him to use [Ctrl] + . Its a one hand shortcut stroke and its saves the file. Its routine for me and I press them automatically once in a while.

no the problem here was, he somehow made the file blank, and saved it as it was. this has happened before i dont know how it happens but maybe he doesnt even do it, however i cant understand how it happens and he never knows. he saves it often wiht ctrl and s. the problem is, backing it up to different filenames in different locations, so that if he accidentally saves it with a lot of the content deleted, it is still in another location from a hour ago with the content in it.

also how do i increase the amoutn of these .tmp files that are created? they dont seem to be created every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom