File Type not showing up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

v930

In Runtime
Hello I have a question I was wondering why the file type of my files isnt showing up in the box. Instead it just stays blank. I play my media files with Windows media player. I click file > open > then when I get to my media folder I can normaly just pull down the bar for files of type and select audio file only. but I cant even do that now cause there is nothing listed but there are files on the screen. Even when I click a file normally it would show in file of type the file type of the file selected. But nothing is in the box its blank. What setting is there or what can it be?

Notice the files of type box remains blank even when a file is selected. Normally it would show .wav. or .mp3 or something but it doesn't. any ideas?

untitled6uh.jpg

that looks like limewire shared directory.. :) anyways, what program are you using to view the songs?

open control panel. Select folder options. Then click on the view tab. Uncheck the box that reads "Hide Extensions for known file types".

Good luck

Inaris said:
open control panel. Select folder options. Then click on the view tab. Uncheck the box that reads "Hide Extensions for known file types".

Good luck

still no luck its still not showing the file type after I unchecked it

At the top of that dialog, should be two buttons. Click the "Like Current Folder" button. See if that helps.

Inaris said:
At the top of that dialog, should be two buttons. Click the "Like Current Folder" button. See if that helps.

im sorry what dialog?

Warez Monster said:
open folder options, click view, uncheck Hide Extensions for known file types

ive done that before before I posted that it still didnt work. I was just wondering what dialog was Inaris talking about. in his last post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom