File Type Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan246

Baseband Member
So I just installed a fresh copy of XP and got all of my programs reinstalled. I thought it would be nice to spruce up some of my icons so I opened up my 'Folder Options' and went to the 'File Types' tab. Now, all I did was change the icon file. I did not change/delete/add any actions to the actions list. I've changed the icons for:

AudioCD
Drive
DVD
File Folder
Folder

When I went to open up a folder the 'search' window would pop up. So I looked at the actions list and added an 'open' command for explorer.exe and set it as the default action. I also tried 'browse' and 'explore'. Now it opens a new window every time I open a folder. I really don't want to reinstall everything again unless I have to. Any way to reset to a default or to get these actions back to normal?

I wiped out Windows and started fresh. I would delete this thread but it says I don't have permission.

Next time use something like IconXP..

Also, you could have just downloaded TweakUIXP and told it to rebuild all your icons.. That may have fixed the problem :)

(just encase anyone searches for having the same problem)

Yeah I didn't really spend too much time troubleshooting the issue. I decided to install openSUSE as a dual boot which required repartitioning that drive anyway. Thanks for the tips though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom