file transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

hekler

Solid State Member
i posted a thread last week under the hardware section, wasnt sure at the time what prob was, i narrowed it down to the hard drive.

i took a 120gb wd out of a gateway system, and when i boot from hd on new system i built, i get black screen. this system i built also has a 40 gig hd, which i have set as primary sata, and have loaded fresh copy of windows on it. that comes up fine.

my question, can i transfer all files from the 120gig hd, including program files?

the 120 gig hd is set as primary on ide channel, 40 gig hd is set at primary on sata channel.

also, the gateway that i got the 120gig hd out of came from gateway with all programs pre installed on it, no back up discs, which is rediculous. im doing this for a friend, and my main concern is transfering quicken 2004 and all its content from the old 120gig hd.

you might be able to make shortcut to some of the programs but for the most part you will need to reinstall your programs

about quicken, just backup the whole quicken file and backups and just make a shortcut to that.I know that will work as I recently did that for a customer of mine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom