file sharing on vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

basketcas55

Solid State Member
ok, so here's my dillema, I have a laptop which I want to install some software, however my cd-rom is broken and I don't have the money or desire to have it fixed... I have a desktop which is running vista, with two dvd r/w drives and when I was running xp on the desktop, I was able to share the dvd rom drives and use them over the network... however since i've installed vista on the computer, i am not sure how to enable sharing of the drives between the two computers, every time I go to the sharing part of the properties for the drives the button for it is grey and unclickable... is there something I need to adjust in the network settings and properties to make it available over the network, or is there some back door way to access the cd/dvd rom's from another computer????????

to clarify, since I already had someone suggest this to me, I am fully capable of sharing individual files and folders, and have already done so... including trying to create shortcut's of the drives in the shared folders... any other suggestions would be appreciated...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom