File organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

dealmaker

Beta member
I have a recent problem. I collect scenic pictures of areas across the country and rename and save them sequentially. When I try to save a pic now instead of the files in the save window coming up alphanumerically as it used to do. They now come up sorted by size.

This creates a lot of extra strokes for me to resort the window for every single pic I save. I have tried to find a main default selection for this but to no avail.

This problem exists whether I am in Photo Shop, Windows Image viewer or just saving a pic to a folder. I'm sure there is a way to restore the default to sorting by name and would appreciate any help

Thanks,
Ray

SHAWN said:
Right click in the window where your files are and choose arrange icons>>by name . Is that what you mean?

Hi Shawn,

The problem is in the save window when I receive/download a pic and rename the file and save it. The files are now defaulting to arranged by size every time I save anything.

Because I rename and save pics sequentially such as "Waterfall15...Waterfall16" I have to resort the save window to name so I can find the next number. That adds a ton of unneccessary strokes/clicks when saving.

I even went through and sorted all of my folders so that they are arranged by name as you suggested in your reply when I am in Windows Explorer.

Thanks,
Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom