File Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si121

Solid State Member
I've recently deleted some programs from Program Files, My start menu and my desktop. Now everytime I move a file to another folder, right click on certain items or even sometimes just open certain programs, windows installer comes up and tells me windows is configuring File Manager. Any ideas what I may have deleted that I shouldn't have? Thanks in advance.

To be honest. I couldn't tell you. Not a lot of help. I'm pretty sure I only deleted things I knew, but perhaps I got a little over eagar. Anyone got any idea where perhaps I could download the file manager again? If possible. :)

This is really starting to annoy me now. It happens every single time I move a file to another folder, go to webpage I haven't been to for a while or even if I just open my internet history. Has anyone...anyone at all got any idea of how I could stop this?

Sounds like you deleted something windows needs, or something a program you deleted made windows think it needs. Back up all files you want/need. Then try doing a regestry clean, there are numerous programs out there to do it (I have never done one myself), there is a list containging a few stickied at the top of this forum. If that doesn't work, then make sure you have backups (again :) ), insert the windows install disk, and reboot. Then go through all the windows installer boot up garbage, and when it asks you, tell it to "repair" windows. I would think this would replave whatever system component you may have killed. I suggest you have another computer with net acsess on hand if you run into problems (again I haven't done this, so I cant help you :( ). And look up info on it beforehand too, just to get a feel for it. If that doesn't sound like soemthign you want to do, then reformat, after backing up EVERTHING and ensuring you won't nedd the comp for about a day.

But but...I'm a lazy git and don't want to have to reinstall things again. ;) The repairing idea sounds good. All I need now is my Windows install disk. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom