ff / opera - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii
Default ff / opera

Is there any news if either of these programs are going to be able to interpret websites correctly any time soon? Just.. every site I goto is different in firefox, I'm trying to make my site compatible with IE and FF, but it's just that these third party browsers don't interpret websites correctly, they use their own brand.. when are they going to fix this? I want tabs on my browser!, that's all FF is good for anyways lol, security? please.. any computer literate person SHOULD have their computer secure and shouldn't have to download a browser to do this.. faster? Pages all load the same speed to me, even as FF "caches" them, still the same.

So anyways, any news?

Old 02-08-2005, 08:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
PowerQuest / Opera

Its the other way around, IE uses its own standards. Both FireFox and Opera are very good at rendering websites with proper code correctly.

But hat does "correctly" mean?

If you make a website in Frontpage it will probably look the same way in IE, but if you make it in Dreamweaver it will probably look the same in Opera because they use the same engine.

Old 02-08-2005, 07:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via ICQ to Demalii Send a message via AIM to Demalii Send a message via Yahoo to Demalii

Well since IE was the standard before anything.. I conside the way it interprets is correct..

I hear about all these plugins for FF that are supposed to make it good.. they need to think about doing an IE plug in.. because the html I learned doesn't cater to third party programs, all my css coding... the buttons and text areas have a huge border on them in FF lol, so gay..

*edit*
and I don't use those silly programs.. I'm leet
Closed Thread