A Few questions about Windows Vista Ultimate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
I recently installed and activated windows vista ultimate, and I decided to sell it because it was absolutely horrible on my dad's rig.
My dad has a bunch of things he would like to keep, does he have to uninstall windows vista for it to be activated on another computer?

In other words can Windows Vista be on 2 computers at once? On XP we did the same thing, 1 XP CD two desktops, we just had to call the microsoft dude to activate it.

And what are the max amount of times you can activate vista? Incl. the activation through phone?
I hear you can only activate twice.. if thats true...

eh.

so, lets say I installed vista on a different computer, with a different IP. When I went to activate it, wouldn't it ask me if I wanted to activate by telephone? I did the same thing with XP, with 3 active computers.. but they were all at home..

Did all of those 3 computers automatically download Microsoft updates? People say that if you use the same XP on multiple computers, it can deactivate if you update. So, I'd say, if you want to use Vista on 2 comps, don't let it download updates from Microsoft on all of them.

so, lets say I installed vista on a different computer, with a different IP. When I went to activate it, wouldn't it ask me if I wanted to activate by telephone? I did the same thing with XP, with 3 active computers.. but they were all at home..
Again as i stated. 1 serial per PC. If it is a different IP then you can get into trouble for selling pirated software.;) So my suggestion is to get the stuff you want off then sell it or dont sell it at all.

The problem here is this. While this can be gotten around. If the person you sold this to put it on their PC and had to call M$, they will be kinda wondering why they have to call right away to Microsoft to activate their software they just bought. 2nd after they activate and update your PC will no longer be active. So when you try to get updates for it you will have to call. The cycle goes on. I am sure that if the person you sold it to had to activate it AGAIN after they installed it already and just tried to get updated. They would be pretty ****ed you sold them pirated software. Which it really would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom